Sunday, June 05, 2011
It has been an interesting last couple of weeks.  While some things are getting easier and seem to be on track, others continue to be increasingly complicated.  I have had the pleasure of turning in the manuscript for the Shades of Faith Anthology and have already gotten the copy editing sent back to me and returned.  I am now waiting for the cover to be completed and whatever other ends need to be tied before I am looking at a release date.  I am very excited about seeing it in print finally.... it has been a long time coming, with lots of work and coordination.  

Two major contractual things have happened in the last few weeks and I am signing away here.  We went to court last week and we have finally signed the papers for guardianship for our grandson.  We are now officially responsible to raise him until he is 18.... 

The second one was the contract from the Sacred Harvest Festival in Minnesota, the contract arrived and I have been reviewing it this weekend.  I plan to sign it and send it in Monday or Tuesday.  I am very nervous about it since it will be the first time I have flown to another state to give workshops and be considered the "honored guest".  I am so excited about the opportunity and know that it will be a pivotal moment in realizing the gifts that the Goddess has ahead of me.  I am trying to hold a space where I can move forward in accepting the grown I am going through and also trying not to get discouraged by the new family obligations I have now.  

I will also be doing a workshop in the Fresno Pagan Pride festival and will be preparing for that.  As things get busy, I will be balancing a even more complicated walk but do so in service to the mother.  

And finally, I turned 35 on the 28th of May and it was a decent day.  I felt good in my spirit and was feeling some optimism.  I miss my mother greatly and thought of her during the week more than usual.  I wonder what she would have done if she were here and how she would always look for the wordiest card and then only sign her name.  I am coming to realize more and more that I will mourn her every day for the rest of my life... hopefully I will slowly fill the voids so that I may find other ways to feel whole again.  

many blessings of love and honor. ...

0 comments:






Hubbie and I

Hubbie and I